Re: Update tool Lubuntu 10.10?

Hi Julien,

I am assuming (so may well be wrong) that we are going to keep Synaptic
Package Manager? If so, the memory usage for Update Manager should not be
any higher than running an instance of Synaptic. I know there was also
debate about turning automatic updates off (I use that for minimal
installations on Low RAM Machines so the user won't think the machine has
frozen if it goes off and does an automatic update) just as the 'quick
search' for Synaptics is disabled by default for reasons of slowing a low
powered machine down.