samba and windows

hi,

I was just chatting to a couple of those 'nice people' about pysdm, it's
limitations and if a user of it could get support on the main forum area
(which is yes) and I mentioned about the on going saga with samba. Here's
one to try in fstab

# Samba
//server/share /media/samba cifs user=user,uid=1000,gid=100,noperm 0 0

# "Server" = Samba server (by IP or name if you have an entry for the server
in your hosts file
# "share" = name of the shared directory
# "user" = your samba user
# This set up will ask for a password when mounting the samba share. If you
do not want to enter a password, use a credentials file.
# replace "user=user" with "credentials=/etc/samba/credentials" In the
credentials file put two lines

# user=user

# password=password

# make the file owned by root and ro by root (sudo chown root.root
/etc/samba/credentials && sudo chmod 400 /etc/samba/credentials)

If you get chance, give it a try :-)

For ntfs stuff, I've been reminded of ntfs-config for those with windows on
their systems who want to share a hard drive easily (which some one pointed
out earlier on the mailing list).