Re: 64-bit install?

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 13:06:24 -0400
Bob Trevithick <bob.trevithick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 11:40 AM, CAD Outsourcing <CADout@xxxxxxxxx>
<snip>
> I figured I should reply, since I began this thread about the 64-bit
<snip>
> My thinking was purely naive.  I have a 3-year-old machine with AMD
<snip>
> Hardly an astute analysis of the problem, is it? <grin>
<snip>
> Thank you for clearing it up!  I've never been sure if I needed the
> 64-bit, but figured they were offering it for some reason. :)

Hi, Bob, I smiled when I read your reply. It takes a man to own up and
show contrition (too strong a word for this situation, being a non
native english speaker, at this moment I cannot think of a more
appropriate word) - I just want you to know I appreciate your candour
and humility.

I myself have wondered about 64 bit for lubuntu, as I also have a 64
bit, dual processor computer and like you, thought it would be nice to
have this on 64 bit. The funny thing is, I've not installed lubuntu on
my hard drive; it's on a 2GB usb flash and this thumb drive is stuck on
my computer since! That made me laugh at my own silliness at wanting a
64 bit lubuntu - if I wanted a better performing lubuntu, I should have
have installed it to the hard drive in the first place, yet I liked the
idea of running this flawlessly off the usb drive. Like zipping past a
jaguar type e on a souped up morris minor on the M1 highway, using
lubuntu has the similar effect on making us silly.  :)

Thought you might like to hear this.

Take care - Goh Lip