Re: 64-bit install?

Hi, thanks,

it's better to dis-agree and remain friends.

As for the dreaded TradeMarks, I hide behind this
http://mgjuddltd.co.uk/FindIt.php  - the bit at the bottom & will do so for
as long as my lawyer can keep me out of jail. (Yeah, it is a 'live' site) -
I'm the 'odd person' who has a full lamp server on their lubuntu
installation http://forum.phillw.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=72

<http://forum.phillw.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=72>Heck, we do some crazy
things with this wonderful DE that the devs have created - I will defend it
to the hilt, as I know at first hand that it "just gets on with it". A bit
like my disagreements of my *still* using pidgin (well, it handles all my
msn, aim, yahoo! and irc chats in one litttle package - why should I
change?) - Again, one of the wonderful things about the linux community, we
make 'our' system on 'our' computer the way that 'we' want it.

The guy with the blade server said it took less than 50% of the RAM per user
than gnome did, you multiply that up by a few users, and you're talking a
heck of a lot of difference.

The team discussing and inviting comments from us to keep lubuntu lean, mean
and keen is also another big plus in my book. Heck, they even reply to my
emails :p

I've seen 'spitting the dummy out' on the forum area, it does really make
the person look like a complete eejit. Let us not do it on the mailing list,
where we are all actually on the same side ;-)
On the terms of differing systems I have had 'rows' etc. As one person is a
'Mac' fan and will hear nothing ill of it, the other is 100% Win, we three
have to agree to disagree - at least we're not all clones. "I'm a P.C. - and
it's bloody mine ;-)" springs to mind.

P.S. now can I go and finish rebuilding my little forum area after it well
broken and the only backups were mine. Next up on the mailing list is going
to be my asking for some new art-work for lubuntu.