Re: switching between English and Japanese keyboard

I just discovered the 'IBus preferences'.
under 'Input Method' I added Japanese - Anthy.
when I hit ctrl+space i see the scim icon. when I hit shift+alt nothing
happened.
Is there a conflict with scim? should i uninstall all packages with the name
scim in them?

I also tried adding 3 lines to .bashrc and login again but it didn't help -
export GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
export XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus
export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus