Re: switching between English and Japanese keyboard

You need to change 'Keyboard input method system' in 'Language Support' to
ibus (or whatever input system that you are going to use)

At least, when I was using nabi with Korean input system, installing nabi
and changing 'Keyboard input method system' to nabi was all that I needed to
do.

Also, I remove every other input system except for the what that I plan to
use, so you might as remove SCIM as well.