Fwd: Alpha 1 PAE Kernel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Phillip Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Lubuntu-desktop] Alpha 1 PAE Kernel
To: Yorvyk <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

lol,

I've not got the link still up, but it does seem to have been a request from
OEM's that ubuntu kernel now detects 3+GB RAM as default with 10.10, instead
of requiring an internet link up to do so, from what I saw, the PAE is now
the default. This may also be part of the dropping pre i686 chipsets, I
guess you can dig through the UDS blogs to get more information (that's
where I got my snippets). Whilst this is more appilcable to 'ubuntu', for
the small over head it does kinda make sense for them to switch to it as the
default. As to row with i585, I guess that's down to how many people scream
and shout.