Re: Lubuntu Maverick Alpha 1

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, I just see that if I try the CD in Virtualbox, without action, it
> failed. But if you cancel the boot, and switching to the classic menu
> (With "Try Lubuntu", "Install Lubuntu" etc ..), it's working.

I guess it's the nature of the alpha that we each experience things
differently. I tried the above approach, but X never started. There was just
a constant cycling of what looked like drive access errors.

I was unable at first to install the nvidia-current driver in my Ubuntu
Minimal CD installs, because synaptic threatened to remove xorg at the same
time. Then I added the xorg-edgers PPA repository, and I was able to add the
driver. Plus, the latest xorg upgrades have not caused any problems.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa

Lane
 *Lane Lester*
 The Web Doctor <http://www.the-web-doctor.com>
You can have your own website for just $10+10+10!
Click here to visit one of my
sites.<http://pageswirl.com/rotate.php?user=lanelester>