Re: Fwd: Grub Install Bug @Lubuntu-10.04 (Distribution Release)

Hi Mario,

there have been issues with grub and multiple hard drives, this affects all
ubuntu's (and also debian). There is a bug fix out, but that had not been
fully signed off (see Colin Watsons own comments).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/496435

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/496435>The solution
/work around does seem to be the one currently advised.

"OK, ..... it appears that having run "dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc" and making
the proper selections results in defaulting to the proper behaviour

I will however try some different scenarios as time allows, and hopefully we
can all monitor the behavior as development proceeds.

So, if this behavior stands "as-is", I'd guess reinstalling grub 2 needs to
be done with "dpkg-reconfigure" rather than "grub-install" to ensure that
the preferred behavior is saved as default.

That certainly seems simple enough."

I suggest you have a read of that bug report and try what it suggests. If
you still have a problem, then have a read on
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=333 You are not alone, feel free
to post on there some of the guys are quite skilled in sorting this problem
out.