Re: [Alpha2] Is it just me or the keyring for Lubuntu PPA is missing?

Hi gang,

I'm sorry I'm a bit out of the loop on this one (I have the a2 iso, just
like a couple of others, have not had chance to install it). Is the current
work-around going to be:

1) wait for it to complain about the missing key when you update lubuntu
2) take a note of the key
3) use https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/DocumentationHelp#Key Servers to get
it
4) remove the ppa from sources using Software Sources. (The gui does it
better)
5) follow https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/DocumentationHelp#Keep Lubuntu
up-to-date as if you had pre-beta3 of 10.04 (the cli does it better)

I know adding a missing key using the MIT, removing and re-adding the ppa
does work (I had a query on it in #ubuntu-beginners earlier for a different
ppa). Is this an acceptable work-round for the alpha2 ? Before anyone starts
screaming at me again about using cli - we *are *only* *on the alpha2. The
reason I'm suggesting for us to use the MIT key-server is that the ubuntu
key server is either poorly, over-worked or underpaid (or, like most of us -
all three) as there has been a few instances when it has timed out recently
reported.

If some one could confirm this is about what they did (I'm not wanting to
risk the ubuntu key-server being down as the fault is repaired, so for this
work-round I suggest we use the MIT one). I'd like to get it onto the wiki
area a.s.a.p. and confirmed for the people on the mailing list

*Checking our cd's*

If I do not hear to the contrary in the next 12 hours, I will put a cut down
version of http://forum.phillw.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=94 onto the wiki
page so that people can be sent there instead of my baby forum. Please do
not get me wrong, I am very happy to have people go there; I just feel it is
more 'professional' for that to appear on the wiki. I know there are time
pressures, this should, IMHO, relieve some of it for both 10.04 and 10.10.

*IRC Title*
*
*
Once again ,can I ask whoever has OP authority for #lubuntu to alter the
title to include that documented help is available at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/DocumentationHelp It has the written stuff
and links to all the wonderful screen casts that have been done to support
lubuntu.