Re: Lubuntu Maverick Alpha 3

Le samedi 07 août 2010 à 07:20 -0400, Bob Trevithick a écrit :

> I made notes quickly as the (very attractive) slideshow went by.  Here
> are the things I noticed.  Remember, I don't speak English; I'm an
> American. :-)
Thanks, American English is better than my "English from France" :)

> - Speaking of Chromium, the word "developed" is mis-spelled, with two
> "p"s.
>
> - The phrase "more informations" showed up.  The word "information" is
> always singular.  Some information.  Lots of information.  Many pieces
> of information.  Etc. :)
>
> - The phrase "fast videos player" showed up.  The "video" here should
> be singular in this case.  The program is fast at playing videos,
> which makes it a fast "video player".
>
> - Inconsistent use of periods at the end of sentences.  Some pages
> have them, others don't.  Looking at a regular Ubuntu install, they
> use the periods always.
Fixed.

> Hope this helps.  If I could look at the text while it's not moving
> past, I could maybe do a better job.  Where does one find the text of
> the slideshow?  And if there is any other text which you'd like
> proofed, let me know.
Code is available here :
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~gilir/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/lubuntu
The slides are under slideshows/lubuntu/slides

> American English is one crazy language.  It still boggles my mind that
> the words "flammable" and "inflammable" both mean exactly the same
> thing! :-)
2 different origins for 2 different words, which mean the same thing :)
FYI, "inflammable" is French ;)