Re: A lightweight presentation application for Lubuntu?

I probably need to repeat my opening comment that I don't want the
Lubuntu team to add anything to the standard installation, for the very
reasons you quote. I'm not that keen on Xubuntu - basically, it now has
so many embedded Gnome components, it's not all that much lighter than
vanilla Ubuntu, and it's certainly not as spare and elegant as Lubuntu.

If individual users, having considered their needs and the capabilities
of the machines at their disposal, want to add other packages from the
vast range available in the repos, that's a completely different issue,
and that's what I thought this correspondence was about. Please accept
my apologies if I did not make that clear.

--
Dr John Webster
365 Table Top Road

ph/fax:    +613-5776-9875