Re: UI in French?

Am 20.09.2010 15:31, schrieb Gilles:
> At 15:08 20/09/2010, Yorvyk wrote:
>> Lubuntu, like all variations of Ubuntu/Debian, can support any
>> written language on the planet and at least one not from earth,
>> Klingon :) How complete the translations are varies, but, French
>> appears to be quite complete.
>
> Thanks guys for the confirmation.
>
> Using the Windows utility PendriveLinux Universal USB Installer, I
> successfully burned Lubuntu on a USB key and booted a test host with it.
>
> However, I can't get to choose the language for UI + keyboard: The
> "Advanced Options" menu is empty.
>
> Also, ideally, I'd rather the user didn't have to do anything, and
> Lubuntu would just start in French. Asking them to append some switch
> to the boot command-line won't do it.

Appending this bootoptions should work:  locale=fr_FR.UTF-8 keyb=fr
klayout=fr
Btw. for a french keyboard layout there is still lxkeymap avaiable that
allows you to switch your keymap after booting. (see the lxkeymap thread)
Language can be also configured and switched after booting with the
language setup tool in preferences.