Re: plymouth

Hiyas,

just my 2 cents worth.

<start rant>
Lubuntu does not need a 'fancy' boot screen, it delays the booting and uses
resources on older (as in low spec RAM / CPU) machines. Lubuntu is
*not* Xubuntu,
and we should never try to be so. I've just had a report that the cd does
not want to work with our previous minimal RAM setting for using Ubiquity of
160MB. The slide shows in ubiquity may have caused a problem, or Ubiquity
may have gotten more bloated. I am only reporting back what has been
reported.

How are we to spread lubuntu, that needs 128MB of RAM if you cannot install
it unless you have something like 256MB?

</end rant>

P.S. Can some one give me the exact file size of the beta2 iso so that I can
write up the instructions for checking it is okay :-)