Re: a bug in lxandr

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 01:48:21 +0100
Phill Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hiyas gang,
>
> well this sums it up....
>

> (01:35:51) Mountian_Man: I have two users who need large letters for their
> poor vision. while the other two of us, would really prefer fitting as much
> info on the screen as possible. however i havnt found a way to save
> resolution preferences per user. the only way i can find to adjust the
> resolution, does so for all user. :(
>
> (01:39:56) Mountian_Man: I am sorry, I am still learning linux. it is the
> default. the cammand (when i looked under propperties of the icon) is "
> lxrand" i think sorry ditracted by toddler
> (01:40:12) phillw: Mountian_Man: If they sign on as different users it
> should save their profiles
> (01:41:12) phillw: lxrand is the one to alter screen properties, however it
> should remember them for each user.
> (01:41:48) Mountian_Man: nope i have signed in as each user individually and
> it adjusts the resolution for all. (preferences>monitor settings)
>
> As they said in Apollo 13, "Euston, we have a problem"

But that was rocket science, this is far more complicated :D

A solution/bodge.
Create a Desktop file in .config/autostart for each user with the required resolution. e.g.

	[Desktop Entry]
	Name=SetScreenResolution
	Comment=Set screen resolution using XRandR
	Exec=xrandr --output default --mode 1024x768

Just change the 'mode 1024x768' for each user.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net