Re: minimal install.

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 19:12:17 +0100
Yorvyk <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 18:48:10 +0100
> Phill Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hiyas gang, can some confirm the md5 is 1932a563c99ae40721d1f37c3804c372 for
> > alternate disk, as the md5 checksum link reports a 404 error.
> >
> > head_injury has the documentation done over at
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/DocumentationHelp/AlternateInstall Again,
> > any input on this would be welcome. Once I have couple of confirmations that
> > things are okay, I'll release the little bugga into the world :D
> >
> The little bugga has been available as a torrent for 20hrs now, thanks to Michał Ćwikliński
>
> 	http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=807f8f3c72e0a179c3e23cf0c42f68007b2a2901
>
> If you want to add that to the wiki.
> The lowest amount of RAM I got it to run on was 80KiB. It wouldn’t run on 64KiB, that may the the particular machine though.  I’m trying on another machine now.

That should have been MiB not KiB.

The wiki states that 160MiB is the minimum for Ubiquity, this is true if you have a separate video card.  For a machine with on-board video more memory is required, probably 192 MiB.  The same appears to be true for the alternate installer.  80MiB with on-board video and 64 MiB with a separate card, although that is still running after 4hrs!

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net