Fwd: People having trouble with dualboots?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tim Bernhard <ohiomoto@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Lubuntu-desktop] People having trouble with dualboots?
To: Yorvyk <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm using 10.10.  Besides Lubuntu, I have Windows 7, Ubuntu 9.10 and
Peppermint One (based on Lubuntu 10.04?) installed.  None were detected when
I installed Lubuntu 10.10.  Only after installing and running os-prober did
update-grub find the other operating systems.

I also ran across another odd behavior today.  I had booted to Peppermint
One to test something.  When I did, I installed the recommended updates.
 One of the updates was grub-common.  Upon rebooting, it had reordered my
OS'es and moved Peppermint back to the top.  After rebooting to Lubuntu, I
ran os-prober and update-grub.  It appeared that my list would have Lubuntu
at the top, but when I rebooted, Peppermint was still there.  Finally I
reinstalled the grub packages via synaptic on Lubuntu.  After that I had
Lubuntu on top again.  This might be normal, but I have never run across
this issue before.

Tim