Re: Zentyal

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 3:43 PM, matthew byers <faintstlsaint@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well when you ask if there are any "connections or communications" it makes
> it seem as if your wondering if the two are connected. Better wording should
> be used next time maybe! ;)

Er, well, I actually thought it was perfectly clearly-worded myself.

> And look here for distros with
> lxde: http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Category:Linux_Distributions

That's a random assortment of distros that happen to /include/ LXDE,
not that are /based/ on LXDE. Lubuntu and Zentyal are both derived
from Ubuntu and use LXDE as their sole desktop, in other words, they
both form part of a single subgroup of the greater Ubuntu community.

I don't recognise any other linking factor in those distros, nor any
other Ubuntu derivatives. Are there any LXDE-*based* distros in that
list *that derive from Ubuntu* that you know of?

> and just because a distro uses a certain environment doesnt mean they need
> to have anything in common.

It does, rather, yes. Both are taking Ubuntu's default LXDE packages
and modifying them.

> Im not sure where you would see how a desktop
> spin like lubuntu and a server suite like zentyal have anything to do with
> each other? Maybe there is something im missint out of what you are
> suggesting??

Or maybe you are just missing it?

I'm not trying to be hostile here, but you seem not to be getting what
my mere suggestion was getting at and then aggressively blaming me for
this. I don't understand why.

Email: lproven@xxxxxxxxx • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven@xxxxxxxxx
AIM/Yahoo/Skype: liamproven • MSN: lproven@xxxxxxxxxxx • ICQ: 73187508