Re: Zentyal

On 11/11/2010 05:29 PM, matthew byers wrote:
> Zentyal is nothing more then the old "all in one server" ebox! (i used it
> before) This is not related to the Lubuntu distro. There are many linux
> respins that use lxde. Lubuntu is not (unless hidden from the public) in any
> way tailored to or around zentyal nor interacts with its development!

I agree.
I've tried Zentyal I've found it horrible.

I had some problems http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php?topic=5259.0
and there was no resolution for it, so I made a rollback to pfSense and
I'm once again a happy camper, becouse I noticed my problems with
pfSense was that I changed shell from sh to zsh ;)

Zentyal has a nice web interface, it's easy to install on fresh lubuntu,
but after all: all eggs in a same basket is not that good thing when you
think about it twice. And since it has a DNS problem like that (a very
basic thing), I cannot suggest it.

I don't want to bash it or anything, becouse some features seem to work
perfectly, but as Gordon Ramsay says "less is more".

Just my personal opinion about Zentyal, I really didnt never try the
"Zentyal Desktop", but I think I didn't miss much.

ps. Zentyal config saving is really annoying if you compare to pfSense.