Xscreensaver & Power Manager

Hi People:

Few days ago, i came to realize that i can't shut down xscreensaver.
Actually, i don't use it at all since i only want mi screen to go black when
a time has past... Well, the thing is that in the options in xscreensaver, i
can kill the daemon BUT when i restart mi pc, xcreensaver is still there!
And really don't know at all how to turn it off (maybe (hopefully) someone
will tell me how to do it accesing a conf file, but it should be an easier
way)

Second, once with xcreensaver disabled, gnome-power-manager don't do as i
told him: black screen after 5 minutes. 5 minutes later, nothing.

And third, there's NO WAY to go to the "energy options" through the Lubuntu
main menu (don't know how to call it) and only can get to the options by
unplugging mi pc from electricity so the battery shows up in lxpanel.

I'm still using 10.04 so maybe things are different in 10.10... can anybody
check this?

--
jpxsat
Ubuntu user #29.157 (Lubuntu 10.04)