Re: Bugs Day on Friday, what you can do

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 14:35:38 +0000
Phill Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11 December 2010 11:28, Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Le mardi 07 décembre 2010 à 22:34 +0100, Julien Lavergne a écrit :
> > > Next Friday will be the first Bugs Day for Lubuntu. Anyone can
> > > participate, even if you have no coding knowledge.
> >
> > Just a quick summarize of the Bugs day of yesterday.
> > We have some participation from several people, which help on some
> > different items. We had several bugs closed, and several reported
> > (include one with an idea for the fix). I'm pretty happy with the
> > result. I didn't expect many people for this 1st day, so I was happy to
> > see people working on bugs yesterday :) I hope it will encourage people
> > to work on bugs, even outside the bug days :)
> >

> Hi Julien,
> That's excellent news. I'm not a programmer and cannot even run Lubuntu at
> the moment (which is very frustrating). Each time I popped onto the channel
> you all seemed busy bug hunting :)  "Hug a Bug" days are a really great way
> for people to be able to explain 'paper-cuts' as well as bugs. I know I
> speak for the whole of the Lubuntu user base on my thanking you for making
> the time to be on-line and respond to those who have found bugs.

It was useful, and fun.  For those who would like to help with bug triaging there is a session in #ubuntu-classroom on irc.freenode.net, Basics of Bug Triaging on Wed 15th December at 17:00 UTC.
Remember you don’t have to be a programmer to do this, it’s something anybody can do.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net