Re: How can I help make Lubuntu better, I’m not a programmer.

On 13 December 2010 06:04, Yorvyk <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How can I help make Lubuntu better, I’m not a programmer.  I keep seeing this, or a similar, question asked.
>
> For those who would like to help with bug triaging there is a session in #ubuntu-classroom on irc.freenode.net, Basics of Bug Triaging, on Wed 15th December at 17:00 UTC.
>
> Reporting bugs is also important.  If you feel this is complicated or are not sure how to do a report, drop a mail to the list or call in to the IRC channel #lubuntu on irc.freenode.net somebody will help, eventually, be patient.
>
> You can also help with translations, even us English speakers.  Again, ask the mailing list or IRC if you want to help.
>

> --
> Steve Cook (Yorvyk)
>
> http://lubuntu.net

Yorvyk,

What a timely post to the list. I was just reading
http://www.granneman.com/techinfo/linux/contributewithoutcoding.htm as
someone pasted a link in another Ubuntu channel. I am another one of
these people who took a LONG time to find my way into helping out
where I can even though I can't code or program anything to save my
life. I'd recommend people have a read of the link for some
inspiration if anyone is looking for something to do as a general tool
(it's far from Lubuntu specific but a lot of the ideas can be
transferred to the Lubuntu team).

While Yorvyk has put his hand up for bug triaging I would also like to
let people know I am available to help in the "non-technical" efforts
to anyone. I would recommend attending a bug triaging class even if
it's just to watch and get a better understanding how it all goes
together.

Regards,

Jared Norris (head_victim)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris