Re: proxy setup?

Installed Rabbit4.8 (a simple java proxy, which is really easy to use
by the way), and got it up and running in no time. Probably squid is
also easy to set up, I just did not have the time to try it. LXProxy
is not acceptable for me, since logging out and back again is not
something I would do for a proxy setting change.

Unfortunatelly in Chromium 8.0.552.215 (67652) Ubuntu 10.10, I can not
add proxy configuration to my browser. When I click on Change proxy
settings, I'm getting:

"When running Chromium under a supported desktop environment, the
system proxy settings will be used. However, either your system is not
supported or there was a problem launching your system configuration.

But you can still configure via the command line. Please see man
chromium-browser for more information on flags and environment
variables."

This is too bad.

Is this also related to the fact that LXDE is a "simple window
manager" ? (bug related to the issue that Chromium can not determine
if it's default browser or not):

Installed Midori and FF, both could be configured to use the above
mentioned proxy (in general, proxies could be added to these
browsers).

thanks
Zoltan