Re: wiki pages

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 00:36:43 +0000
Phill Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/RemoveOldKernels
>
>  I’m not sure suggesting removing two out of three kernels is a good idea.
>  I think you should retain two kernel versions just in case an update borks
> one
> >> The general advice I've always had is to keep your most recent working
> kernel as well as the new one. If people wish to disagree, then I will
> happily update that page.<<
>

> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/AlternateInstall
> > Update Lubuntu link doesn’t go to the correct page.
> >
> >> Thanks, link has been updated<<
>

> > Well done all concerned I know what a pain documentation is.
> >
> > --
>
> Thanks for taking the time Steve, it is appreciated.

All the links appear to point in the right direction and, apart from the Remove old kernels page all appears OK.  I have followed the instructions as I reinstalled Lubuntu to a machine this afternoon.
I’ll have a go at writing a 'Remove old kernels using Synaptic' page over Christmas.  Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a setting in Synaptic where you could specify the No of kernels you wished to keep :)

The only remaining problem I can see is the inconsistent use of capital letters in headings.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net