Re: Making Lubuntu even Better (Bug Fixes)

Hi,

I'm forwarding this mail to our mailing list, so everyone will be aware of this mail.

Le 26 déc. 2010 à 14:19, spicy gmail <spicykappella@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> First of all hats off for the great work you have done in Lubuntu
> Its just amazing
> Its fast & great
Thank you for using it :)

> But would like to see some great additions to it
>
> ram usage should mirror Lupu(puppy linux) A.K.A 50mb
It's the goal to maintain the RAM usage as low as possible.

> Should keep tmp & logs in ram(like Fuduntu)
This will increase the RAM usage ;) And on a low spec device, RAM is already full quickly. I'm not sure we will have a big boost with such option.
> Disk writing should be reduced & ram should be used as much instead of hdd (will help in powersaving & speed)
See comment above.

> minimalistic desktop environment,
> efficiency found under the hood & Should come packaged with all the usual suspects for a lightweight distro
> but benefits from smooth integration with buntu's package management system and an overall experience that feels more like buntu.
Could you give us more information about this ? Lubuntu is already build with full Ubuntu repositories (including PPA) support.

> Should Have the latest (add an option for users to choose         b/w stable or nightly or trunk builds of)
>
> LXDE ,PCmanFM ,X-Org X-Server- Python 3.2 beta , Kernel 2.6.37
> NetworkManager with nm-applet in graphics mode, and textual GUIs in textmode (compatible to ubuntu specification).
>

> mobile-broadband-provider-info
> database of mobile broadband service providers
> modemmanager
> Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) - daemon
> pppconfig
> A text menu based utility for configuring ppp
> wvdial
> network-manager                             0.8.1-3                             network management framework daemon
> network-manager-gnome                 0.8.1-1                             network management framework (GNOME frontend)
> network-manager-openvpn              0.8.1-1                             network management framework (OpenVPN plugin core)
> network-manager-openvpn-gnome  0.8.1-1                             network management framework (OpenVPN plugin GNOME GUI)
> network-manager-pptp                     0.8.1-1                             network management framework (PPTP plugin core)
> network-manager-pptp-gnome         0.8.1-1                             network management framework (PPTP plugin GNOME GUI)
> network-manager-vpnc                     0.8.1-1                             network management framework (VPNC plugin core)
> network-manager-vpnc-gnome         0.8.1-1                             network management framework (VPNC plugin GNOME GUI)
For LXDE and Pcmanfm, you can use the LXDE PPA which provides last releases of each component. For the rest, you can add any PPA which provides those packages.