Re: pcmanfm not seeing nas?

On 30 December 2010 13:40, Tim Bernhard <ohiomoto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I guess I haven't used my nas in a while because I just realized that
> pcmanfm doesn't see my network drives like nautilus did in Ubuntu.  Is this
> a problem with pcmanfm or do I need to set something up?  Looks like I might
> need to use samba?  I don't really feel like setting though.
> My goal for my Lubuntu install is to maximize battery life on my laptop
> while having a system that does the "basics" without having to do a ton of
> configuration.  I'm not the "tweak and geek" type.  I just want my OS to
> work they way I need it to.  My machine has plenty of resources.  Is there a
> compelling reason for me NOT to use nautilus?  I just seems to do a little
> more than pcmanfm.  Please advise.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Tim

Tim,

There is a bug for network file viewing with Lubuntu Maverick Meerkat
which I think is what you're coming up against. If you check out
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ReleaseNotes/MaverickMeerkat/#Network%20File%20Browsing%20with%20PCManFM
there is a fix listed there that would be the first thing I'd try.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Jared Norris
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris