Re: Advertising

On 19 January 2011 18:31, Leszek Lesner <leszek.lesner@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 19 Januar 2011, um 00:10:20 schrieb Jared Norris:
>> Good morning all,
>>
>> I'm running a stand at a linux conference here in Australia and I'm
>> looking to get a collection of screen casts or advertising videos
>> together to display on the stand. To this end I thought it would be
>> good to have one or two Lubuntu ones as well. I know about the screen
>> casts on the website but these are mainly "how to" which I will use if
>> I need to in the end but I would prefer one that was more advertising
>> material. If you know of any please let me know as it is not this
>> Saturday but the one following (sorry for the short notice.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jared Norris
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

> I can create a short demo video I guess.
> Ideas would be appreciated.

Leszek,

Thanks for the offer. Firstly let me say I'm far from a marketing or
advertising guru so please, feel free to change anything I suggest and
I really won't be offended and others may even have suggestions.

All I was thinking was something that could show that you can do
everything you need on older/inexpensive hardware. So a screen cast
showing a boot up (I'm not sure that's possible) and then showing off
the bundled (sometimes lesser known about) programs that make Lubuntu
lighter but still functional. If we can work into it some sort of
system description (conky on the desktop perhaps?) to show that it is
doing it on a smaller footprint computer. Really just to show that
there is alternatives out there with functional options.

I was thinking it could be anything from 2 minutes long up until 30
minutes (I don't expect it to be too long though, just saying the
length really isn't important) and I wouldn't bother with a soundtrack
unless others would make use of it as I probably won't even have
speakers available.

I understand if you don't have time in the next week or so but even if
it's not ready for my exhibit surely it would benefit others. Thanks
heaps for your interest.