Re: Advertising

Am Mittwoch 19 Januar 2011, um 10:13:28 schrieb Jared Norris:
> On 19 January 2011 18:31, Leszek Lesner <leszek.lesner@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch 19 Januar 2011, um 00:10:20 schrieb Jared Norris:
> >> Good morning all,
> >>
> >> I'm running a stand at a linux conference here in Australia and I'm
> >> looking to get a collection of screen casts or advertising videos
> >> together to display on the stand. To this end I thought it would be
> >> good to have one or two Lubuntu ones as well. I know about the screen
> >> casts on the website but these are mainly "how to" which I will use if
> >> I need to in the end but I would prefer one that was more advertising
> >> material. If you know of any please let me know as it is not this
> >> Saturday but the one following (sorry for the short notice.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Jared Norris
> >> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

> > I can create a short demo video I guess.
> > Ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Leszek,
>
> Thanks for the offer. Firstly let me say I'm far from a marketing or
> advertising guru so please, feel free to change anything I suggest and
> I really won't be offended and others may even have suggestions.
>
> All I was thinking was something that could show that you can do
> everything you need on older/inexpensive hardware. So a screen cast
> showing a boot up (I'm not sure that's possible) and then showing off
> the bundled (sometimes lesser known about) programs that make Lubuntu
> lighter but still functional. If we can work into it some sort of
> system description (conky on the desktop perhaps?) to show that it is
> doing it on a smaller footprint computer. Really just to show that
> there is alternatives out there with functional options.
>
> I was thinking it could be anything from 2 minutes long up until 30
> minutes (I don't expect it to be too long though, just saying the
> length really isn't important) and I wouldn't bother with a soundtrack
> unless others would make use of it as I probably won't even have
> speakers available.
>
> I understand if you don't have time in the next week or so but even if
> it's not ready for my exhibit surely it would benefit others. Thanks
> heaps for your interest.
>

> Regards,
>
> Jared Norris
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

Hmm... 2 minutes for a ad is  a long time.
Showing the booting process is somehow boring I guess.
But I showed off some of the apps included in Lubuntu and created a short
little ad. Hope you enjoy it.

http://blip.tv/file/4651366

Direct Download to HD WebM Version: http://blip.tv/file/get/Llelectronics-
LubuntuAD224.webm
Direct Download to HD Mp4 (h264) : http://blip.tv/file/get/Llelectronics-
LubuntuAD901.mp4

Sadly no OGG Theora version, as libtheora seems to strip down some text
labeling delays.