Re: Need tests for 10.10 (maverick) updated

On 01/28/2011 05:58 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> Quietly stalks jonathon for a new slave for julien.... just do not
> let him know yet :)

Heh.  That will teach me to ask questions before introducing myself :)

( BTW, just to be pedantic, I'm Jonathan -- one "o" and two "a"s)

I'm a very long time Linux user (since late 1992), very comfortable with
system and network administration.  I've done some Debian/Ubuntu bug
fixing and packaging, and have a few packages officially in both
distributions with my name in the debian/changelog file.  I'm probably
technically proficient enough to become a MOTU (so others have told me!)
but consistently putting time into MOTU work and being familiar with all
the surrounding procedural stuff may be more than I want to commit to at
the moment.  I'm happy scripting in shell, Perl, Python, etc. and I can
code in lower level languages when the need arises :)

I'm prone to giving talks at my local Linux User Group, and occasionally
known to create or edit or proof read documentation (I added some items
to the wiki page for the recent Lubuntu documentation day, although I
wasn't free to actually do any work on the day itself!).

My primary personal interest in Lubuntu is for lower-spec older PCs,
which have been "rescued" and set up ready to give away to folks who
wouldn't otherwise have a PC at home at all.  On modern high end desktop
hardware, GNOME or KDE don't seem to slow things down much any more :)

I'd really like to see Lubuntu seen and treated as "equal" to Ubuntu and
Kubuntu and Edubuntu, on Canonical web sites and on forums etc., partly
so I don't have to explain it to people so often :)

This kind of testing of proposed packages seems pretty straightforward,
so I'll hope to get at least a couple of Julien's proposed fixes tested
this weekend so we can move things along.

On IRC I tend to hang out in #ubuntu-server, #ubuntu-motu and #debian
... and I will try to pop up in #lubuntu from time to time :)

Jonathan