Re: Idea/Suggestion to say goodbye to xcreensaver

Haven't screen-savers been around forever?  Should most hardware be able to
handle them?  Does Lubuntu need to be stripped down further?

I sort of think that many users expect a screen-saver built into their OS. I
know my mother-in-law loves them for some reason. :)  Personally, I have no
use for screen-savers, especially since I'm concerned with maximizing
battery life.  But Lubuntu needs to satisfy all users.

Would shipping Lubuntu with xscreensaver disabled by default be a better
option?

Also, I hate screen locks on my machines.  I would NOT want my screen to
lock every time it went blank.  Having it as an option would be nice, but
not as default.

Tim