Re: Idea/Suggestion to say goodbye to xcreensaver

The first time that i installed Lubuntu I've surprised when see that the
default screensaver consume 60-70% of my processor. So i deactivated it. For
me turn off the monitor in x minutes is enough. Lubuntu is not only for slow
machine, it's a energy saving OS too. In the lubuntu.net home page say it:
"lubuntu is a faster, more lightweight and *energy saving* variant of Ubuntu
using LXDE".

So, in my opinion xscreensaver should be removed and gnome-power-preferences
should be in the start menu (or whatever you call :))