Re: Boot problems with Natty Alpha ISOs

Hello everyone.

Natty Alpha3 boots normally on the box in question, so I guess the problem
was caused by some unidentified minor flaw in the build process for alphas
1&2, silently corrected by the new automated build process for
alpha-20110228 and alpha3.

Aftermath:

   - the CD with all the four alphas (1, 2, 3 and 20110228) are perfectly
   readable on both my "main" machine (the one where the discs were burned) and
   "test" box. "dd if=/dev/cdrom.....|md5sum" results are as expected *on
   both systems*.
   - the main machine boots normally from all the four CDs
   - the test box rejects alphas 1&2 (BIOS does not recognize them as
   bootable) but boots normally from the other two alphas.

Thank you all for help.

Sincerely,
Mikhail Maksimov