Re: Really odd keyboard and mouse issue

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:04:51 +1000
Jared Norris <jrnorris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 16 March 2011 16:00, UndiFineD <undifined@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Somehow I get the feeling 'scheduler' is in place here
> > are you running a custom kernel ?
>
> Not that I'm aware of, uname -r suggests my current kernel is
> 2.6.35-27 generic pae. I'm not knowledgeable enough to start rolling
> my own.

Why the pae kernel, do you have more than 4 GiB of RAM, of not try the generic kernel.
Is it USB keyboard and mouse?
Have a look at the makers site and see if there is a BIOS update for this or similar problems.
Has the machine had a good clean lately, it's surprising what dust (dead skin) can do to computers.  Nearly half the intermittent problems I deal with are cured by a good clean.  Reseating connectors and memory also cures a large percentage of problems.

--
Yorvyk