Fw: [Lxde-i18n] State of Transifex

For anybody on the list involved in the translation of LXDE components that isn't on the i10n list.  We are NOT using Transifex any more.  See below and/or the blog post about the change at <http://blog.lxde.org>.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 22:23:19 +0100 (CET)
From: Martin Bagge / brother <brother@xxxxxxxx>
To: lxde-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: lxde-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Lxde-i18n] State of Transifex

Reporting back on the status.

I have been working with informing people in the Transifex set-up that we
are not using that platform any more.
I have sent the message included below to all team coordinators (I might
delve down and send it to all team members too...).
I have posted the information as an announcement.
I have removed the Transifex links from the wiki page Category:Translation
and added a note to the Transifex how-to stating that it is deprecated.
I have denied the team creation requests and sent the same message to the
requesters as to the current leaders.

On the Pootle side I have added en_gb and jv as new languages. Synced some
sources. This work will continue and end up in a series of Request for
translation sent to the lxde-i18n ML (this will probably happen mid
April).

Other ideas for things I should (try to) do?

--------[ message sent to team leaders ]-----------
Subject: LXDE not using Transifex
Body:
Hi
It has been decided that LXDE will not use Transifex at all for the
foreseeable future.
Transifex is and was a good tool and supported our needs in a really good
way, they have on the other hand changed the work-flow entirely and we can
not use it properly any more.

For both online and offline translation we still provide access via Pootle
at http://pootle.lxde.bsnet.se - it is integrated with the version control
of the components but require some extra steps in your work-flow.
See the introduction at http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Pootle_crash_course.

We also urge you to join the LXDE Internationalisation mailing list at
lxde-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - this is tha main channel for translation
related information. The sign-up can be done at
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lxde-i18n.

Thank you for showing interest in LXDE and for your contributions this
far.

//Martin Bagge, l10n coordinator LXDE

/brother
http://martin.bagge.nu
Bruce Schneier once proved the infinitude of twin primes -- by enumeration.