OFF Lubuntu 10.10 is not for old computers

On my lap top Toshiba a105 Lubuntu did not run well, I was getting pissed of
so I decided to go back to xp on this one! Last few days I got a new(old)
lap top HP pavilion dv-6000 1Gb ram core duo Nvidea etc.

The installation of lubuntu fail 3 times. I got some black screen or random
error ( I guess it is normal, at least for me happens on almost every linux
setup) the good thing is linux setup is much faster them the Other OS.

After install, wireless Broadcom did not work but it was easy to install the
drivers and lubuntu are running so dam fast to turn on/off. My java
applications too.

Cromiun start to crash due to problems with flash. I tried many things but
the solution was install firefox (works out of the box) Firefox should be
standard browser!

I did the update an now the lubuntu screen has gone, now ubuntu boot screen
is shown during the boot L can I restore it?

I want to congratulate the community, now I am having a good experience with
linux, I realized that is a matter of time to get more practice. And  I have
a question.. Is it possible( in a easy way) to remove the standards programs
like chromium, text processor, calc etc..

I tried to uninstall but a message ask me if I want to remove LXDE desktop.

Now I can watch/edit videos, listen on-line radio and programming. Thinking
how proud of myself I am just because I installed few programs via terminal,
I was wondering how you guys fell building an entire OS.