lubuntu-desktop team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Lubuntu Natty Beta 1 released
The Lubuntu Natty Beta 1 ISO is now available for testing.
Please note that Lubuntu Natty is based on Ubuntu Natty, same
warning apply :
"Pre-releases of Natty are *not* encouraged for anyone needing a
stable system or anyone who is not comfortable running into occasional,
even frequent breakage. They are, however, recommended for Ubuntu
developers and those who want to help in testing, reporting, and fixing
== What's new ? ==
- New theme made by Raphael Laguna
- Update installer, with new layout and screenshots.
- Bug fixes.
== What's new since Lubuntu 10.10 ==
- New automatic way to build the ISO, expect more build in the futur.
(thanks Jonathan Marsden)
- Modifications to the applications by default :
* Switch from aqualung to audacious for the music player.
* Switch from xarchiver to file-roller for the archives.
* Switch from cheese to gucview for using webcams.
- New added applications by default :
* Java support (via icedtea-plugin)
* Various documentations
- Lubuntu is now HAL free (thanks Xubuntu dev)
- Lxrandr (Monitor settings) is able to save the configuration. Check
the .desktop in ~.config/autostart/lxrandr-autostart.desktop
- Lxappareance is able to configure the font (antialiasing) and openbox
- You are now able to call directly obconf to configure the number of
workspaces, on workspace applet.
- Installer (ubiquity) support installation of Lubuntu and autologin
configuration at install time includes in Ubuntu official repository.
- Icons on the desktop are now moveable.
- Fake transparency is available again.
- Lubuntu use now Ubuntu font by default.
- New text plymouth theme
- Menu are now correctly translated
- Menu have now an Administration and a Preference sub-menus.
You can now change the layout on a Lubuntu session with lxkeymap
(directly, or launched by lxinput).
- Fix a critical crash on qemu / kvm (thanks Fedora)
- Translations up-to-date with LXDE git.
- Up-to-date LXDE and pcmanfm.
== Specific Lubuntu changes ==
- Workaround on the installer to make Install mode working again.
== Testing ==
You can find instructions for testing on
== Known bugs ==
* In Install-only mode, the panel appear in the middle of the screen :
* Start menu of the Live-CD is not correctly translated.
* Installer doesn't install correct restricted packages.
* Missing packages for modem management
== Reporting bugs ==
You can find informations on how to report a bug on this wiki page :
== Download ==
Happy testing :)