Re: system requirements (workaround created!)

On 05/15/2011 11:32 AM, UndiFineD wrote:

> As discussed at uds, put only fital documentation on disc that gets
> people online so they can read it on help.ubuntu.com.

Is all the Sylpheed and Gnumeric help documentation already on
help.ubuntu.com?  Where?

Does the Help menu item in these programs check help,ubuntu.com for that
documentation?  That was not the behaviour I saw when I tested this
earlier (and fixed LP bugs by adding these packages).

There will always be some trade-off between "keep it lean" and
"user-friendly".  I think that where to draw that boundary is not as
clear as your comment suggests.  I hope the UDS discussion on this was a
little more nuanced than you are suggesting :)

If you are willing to patch Sylpheed and Gnumeric packages to get their
docs online from help.ubuntu.com when the help is not installed locally,
and add to add all that documentation to the wiki, *and* you will keep
it up to date there for the long term, *then* we might be in a position
to remove the documentation packages from the CD.

Jonathan