Re: system requirements (workaround created!)

On 05/15/2011 12:44 AM, Mikhail Maksimov wrote:

> No it can not. Tests done on alpha3 show that the system requires at
>  least 2000 MB ("decimal" M) just to install with almost no free
> space left. Too bad Lubuntu is no longer lightweight in terms of
> disk footprint.

Thanks for taking the time to do the testing :)

If I understand you correctly, Lubuntu 11.04 default install would
(just!) fit on a 2GB (binary GB) disk.  That's pretty lightweight; can
you name any common desktop or laptop i386 "PC" architecture machines
made in the the last ten years for general end user use (i.e. not
embedded designs) that have less than 2GB of disk storage?

Setting the limit down from 5.3GB to 2.7GB seems to have helped everyone
I know of who has come across this issue (most seem to have 3GB or 4GB
disk space available).

Is there really a sizeable community of Lubuntu users with total disk
space between 1.8GB and 2.0GB that we need to try to help out?  If so,
who are they -- can they please identify themselves?

Thanks,

Jonathan