Re: Work items and TODOs (LXDE)

On 05/22/2011 04:06 AM, Julien Lavergne wrote:

> Thanks Jonathan :) Don't forget to update the TODO page next time :)

OK... I tend to only remember to update TODO when the job is done, not
when I start working on it!

> http://gitorious.org/lxde-jmarsden/libfm-jmarsden/commit/09b606108146cdc5bfa8167021baf50931edef36
> Not sure it's suitable for upstream. As far as I know,
> x-terminal-emulator is a Debian / Ubuntu stuff.

I wasn't sure, but that's why I did they one patch per commit -- whoever
approves or rejects the commits *will* be sure.

> http://gitorious.org/lxde-jmarsden/libfm-jmarsden/commit/19636195842d26843718bb5900ffea4f8fd28076

> The modifications on .desktop should not be applied, it's generated at
> build time. That's also mean that the patch in the package is wrong :-/

OK.  Do we still need some sort of patch to the template, or is the
patch to the .desktop just useless, because it will be overwritten
during build?  Should I make a another commit removing that change to
.desktop ??

> I hope to finish merging patchs from Ubuntu / Debian today, except for
> libfm/pcmanfm (I don't have commit access to the branches).

Great!  Then I won't do any more of these, since you are almost done
with all the rest :)

Once they are all "in", is there anything preventing you and pcman from
doing a source tarball release of LXDE -- maybe an rc1 release??  Then
we can package from that and if all looks good, you guy can do a 'real'
new LXDE release?  Are there any automated test tools/test suite for
LXDE, incidentally?

There seem to be some fairly bad "segfault" type bugs being reported in
some of the lx* tools in Lubuntu 11.04 -- have you looked at any of
them?  How serious are these issues?  Making a preference change should
not cause the preference editor to crash, for example :)

Jonathan