Re: Lubuntu 11.10 (Alpha1 just to change sources.list?)

On 05/27/2011 09:21 AM, Yorvyk wrote:

> I think an Alpha 1 is needed to provided something for people to
> install in order to get started testing rather than changing Natty to
> Oneiric in sources.list.

So you are saying that is is easier and quicker to download an entire
600+MB ISO, and then install from it (possibly first burning it to a
CD-R), rather than typing

  sudo sed -i -e 's/natty/oneiric/g' /etc/apt/sources.list

The only awkward part this time around is trying to spell oneiric
correctly, since that adjective is much less commonly used than karmic,
lucid, maverick or natty by most English speakers.

I know which I think is easier and quicker -- type the command!

Jonathan