Re: Lubuntu 11.10 (Alpha1 just to change sources.list?)

Le Saturday 28 May 2011 à 17:35 -0700, Jonathan Marsden a écrit :
> So you are saying that is is easier and quicker to download an entire
> 600+MB ISO, and then install from it (possibly first burning it to a
> CD-R), rather than typing
>
>   sudo sed -i -e 's/natty/oneiric/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> The only awkward part this time around is trying to spell oneiric
> correctly, since that adjective is much less commonly used than
> karmic,
> lucid, maverick or natty by most English speakers.
>
> I know which I think is easier and quicker -- type the command!

You forgot the time to actually made the upgrade, which could be long,
and with an unknown result. Migrations / upgrades from stable release to
Alpha 1 is not tested at all.

It's also sometime impossible to upgrade. On my eeePC 701, and its 4Gb,
it's impossible du to the available space.