Re: Proposed changes to lubuntu-desktop

Hiyas Boss,

Me thinks now would be a good time to decide these items. Setting up a vote,
followed by a meeting may be a good idea?

We have

   - June 14th : End of proposal for applications by default

Followed by

   - June 19th : Decision for the modifications of default applications

@ ALL

Yes, I know everyone who proposes their favourite application that is not
installed by default feels sore, hopefully in Lubuntu we are not that petty
as to leave because of it.

Any application can be added from the repositories, some of the 'weird'
stuff people do to Lubuntu is a testament to just how rock solid it is.

The old, and so far, not replaced rule is that a proposed application may
not...

1) Use any hard disk space up
2) Use any CPU time when running
3) Use any RAM when running.

Whilst we may laugh at such rules, they are what make Lubuntu able to do
what it does on our minimal spec. For those with lots of Hard Disk space and
RAM and really high CPU's - Great. Lubuntu is lean, mean, keen and green.
BUT we are going to remain within our "Pentium II or Celeron system with 128
MiB of RAM"