Re: Problem with Wine

El dt 14 de 06 de 2011 a les 23:23 +0000, en/na John Eischeid va
escriure:

> I installed Wine in the hope of gettings iTunes to work.  I never got
> that far.  After installing Wine, I lost my application launcher icon,
> all of the icons on my panel and all of the notifications on my panel.
> My machine now also crashes when I try to change the desktop background.
> I have tried to reboot from CDs and a USB to do a new installation of
> Lubuntu (and quite a few other Linux distributions).  With CDs, I get an
> error message saying that a connection couldn't be made.  With the USB,
> I get an error message about a path.  I find it hard to believe that
> this is a hardware problem, since the CD reads music disks just fine and
> the USB ports mount my Android phone.  I've checked the BIOS settings,
> and I've changed the installed hard drive to DEAD LAST, and I still
> can't get this machine to boot from a CD or a USB.  I've uninstalled
> Wine, and the problems remain.  I don't know that much about Linux or
> Wine, but I do know that the problems started when I installed Wine.
> Could there be some files or packages that the uninstall missed?  How do
> I get rid of them?  This is not my primary machine, so is there a way I
> can get it to boot from a CD or a USB and just reinstall the OS?

I have Wine running on a Lubuntu 11.10 machine. It can start even iTunes
(but you may have problems with the USB connection with the iPod). But
it doesn't touches nothing on boot. It's a strange thing. I don't think
Wine was responsible of that damage. Even after a bad installation you
can always do sudo apt-get install -f or sudo dpkg --configure -a for
solving dependencies and / or package database errors.

--

Go to rafaellaguna.com

Go to Lubuntu.net