Re: Is Bluetooth needed by default?

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 20:32:45 +0200
神癒礁湖 "(Rafael Laguna)" <rafaellaguna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Me too. I usually synchro my Android via Bluetooth (not for transferring
> files, but access contacts, etc). And many people (newbies) too, and
> asked me about it. Literal words: "where is the bluetooth? Windows has
> it". "Ok, ok, I'll install it for you". :)
>
> It's a cheap sized package with a great service that will increase
> Lubuntu usability. My experience is that Win newcomers doesn't use
> Synaptic at all, they're afraid of that app. Another question is
> Software Center, it seems more friendly.

I've never used Bluetooth, I've only sync'd phones using USB and I never thought of Bluetooth keyboards and mice.  I wasn't so much bothered about the size of it, I just thought —if it isn't used much there's no point having it on the disk.

Software Centre requires a hex-core CPU and several gigabytes of RAM to run at anything close to a reasonable speed.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net