Re: Documentation for new Iso's

Le Wednesday 27 July 2011 à 23:42 +0100, Phill Whiteside a écrit :

> I *think* I have tracked down all pages referring to 'testing'. Could
> you please check https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing for the
> warning about Ubiquity and key-board etc.
The keyboard warning is not necessary anymore.

> I have left the alpha 1 there as it is available at 'CD' size iso as
> opposed to the usual too large daily images that we get during a
> build.
>
> I do think the page needs some further updating, so I ask if you could
> possibly find a little time to ensure it is fully up to date.
Yes, but we will probably have some pages at http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/
Documentation will need update at this moment.

> There was a mention of
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DerivativeTeam/Derivatives/Lubuntu that one of
> the guys noticed, as I was previously unaware of a 'derivatives' team,
> and it was well out of date I have put a divert on it to point to the
> current page. As I have previously said, having various pages all
> needing updating is madness. If their team has any complaints, please
> forward them to me. I did leave a comment as to why I had done it.
I wasn't ware this Team was still active. I'm sure they will be ok with
the divert, thanks.

> As we are now on 'official' build, where does this leave the earlier
> builds, the one that spring to mind is 10.04 - Is it easier to
> maintain these as not official builds using our 'old' system of
> building, or can the 10.04 be brought into the 'official' build
> system.  10.04 desperately needs re-making, there are something like
> 300 updates at 250Mb to download, if we are to truly to support it I
> would strongly suggest that as the generic ubuntu is up to 10.04.3, we
> do spin a new iso. I'm sure Jonathan will curse me every way, but I am
> sure he can spin one for Lubuntu 10.04
We can only use the Ubuntu building for futur ISO, not old. We (Jonathan
or me) can create a new 10.04, but it will need testing and maybe fixes.
I'm not sure it's so necessary, because you can do the install with the
current one, and do the updates as usual. I know it's long, but creating
and testing a new ISO will also need time.

> For 11.10, I note that 32bit and two 64bit variants are produced, but
> there is no mention of an 'alternate' install iso. Is this something
> that will be naturally added as Lubuntu slots into the 'official'
> build system, or is it something that must be done separately?
I guess only 32 and 64 bits are available for daily build, and alternate
and armel (?) are produced only for releases (Alpha, Beta etc ..)