Test Lubuntu Lucid 10.04.3 ISO image available

On 07/28/2011 01:15 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> I was thinking that possibly using something like remastersys
> http://www.geekconnection.org/remastersys/ubuntu.html may be possible
> for Jonathan to get a 'community' 10.04 update out pretty quickly
> rather than you both having to spend time checking and re-checking a
> new-build?

I'd rather try to re-use my existing (Lubuntu 11.04) build script for
10.04.3 than use a different build approach.

My first attempt at an Lubuntu 10.04.3 ISO (warning: this is an
unofficial, community version, which is relatively untested, and may eat
your cat/steal your girlfriend/do bad things...) is now at

  ftp://ftp/jmarsden.org/pub/lubuntu-lucid-20110731-i386.iso

This boots for me in a VM, and passes the self-test, but does not always
install for me when using the Install menu option... it did the first
time I used it, but not thereafter... strange.  Subsequent attempts seem
to boot from the LiveCD image rather than running the installer.  More
testing needed!

This image has only en,es,de,fr language packs installed (downloading
all of them takes a while, so I saved some time and went for just a few
commonly used languages this time around!).

Jonathan