Re: Lubuntu iso-testing (and PowerPC)

On 08/29/2011 01:02 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> @Jonathan, as I am still new to VM's, can the system I have test out
> the mac ones?

In a word, no.  You would need a way to "emulate" a PowerPC Mac; that's
not something Virtualbox does.

To do that, you would need something more like PearPC from
http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/

I have never tried it... interesting idea if you have the time and
inclination to investigate it!  For some classes of bugs, I'd be a bit
worried about determining whether a bug report was a bug in the
emulator, or a bug in the Lubuntu PowerPC image -- but may be worth a try.

BTW, for a way to sort of go in the other direction (PowerPC hardware or
a very fast monder Intel-based PC, Linux OS, but you want to run old
classic MacOS apps) you can use SheepSaver http://sheepshaver.cebix.net/
-- this is currently far outside Lubuntu's world, but if we get a bunch
of people using Lubuntu on PowerPC who are converting from MacOS, and
want to run a few of their favourite old apps, it might be handy :)

Jonathan