Re: Use a database in lsc

It's a good idea. Please don't use gdbm. It's performance is not good.
For a simple and lightweight hash db, you can consider tdb, which is used by
samba.
If you want more advanced query, then sqlite is the best choice IMO.
A nice idea is using locale specific cache since most parts of of a desktop
entry file are just translations.
In addition, the cache should be system-wide rather than user-specific since
all users share the same repo.
So a hook triggered after installation of app-install package is the best to
regenerate the cache.