Re: Lubuntu Website and Facebook Page

Okies,

without starting a war... I am also an admin for lubuntu,net, as are a
couple of others. I am sure that if you provide a mock-up, or even just
information we will look at it.

what you may not be aware of is once lubuntu becomes assimilated by the
ubuntu community, we do want to actually have a Lubuntu area.

This is a difficult balancing act; we are asking to be fully adopted, yet
slightly seperate. For those eager to change things, may (for the 1st time
ever) I counsel caution. We have discussed making our web area a source, but
as a part of the Canonical umbrella we have done as much as we can. For
those looking at it, you will not see it. But things like tracking from the
web area directly to the wiki area was an important thing to happen. It
means that we need need to keep only one area up to date for instructions
etc.

Wiki's provide information... a good web presence gets people joining. The
links have been done, if any of you want to make a mock-up of how you would
like to see the page displayed, please do so.

@Rafael... I am sure that Mario would have no hesitation on the icons /
glyphs. I'm not a guy who knows about the finer points of editing that area,
for me the actual system chosen is a nightmare! Mainly owing to the fact me
and others have difficulty in navigating around the admin area. But, this is
usual as each system has a different admin control panel!

Ali,

please be patient, I do see your work on the areas and I'm sure you will be
a great addition to the lubuntu team. Just learn to be patient, get to know
people. Most importantly of all, do not burn out, whereby you give all your
attention to lubuntu and then get tired. We need people who will still be
here in 3 - 5 years time. It has taken this long to get here, you are
joining us as we get goal #1. To those who are patient, come the rewards.