Re: System won't boot in 11.10

El 14-10-2011 11:40, Julien Lavergne escribió:
Le 10/14/2011 03:55 PM, Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset a écrit :
Lance: thank you! after setting the boot with "nomodeset" at last i
see my "Lubuntu splashcreen" (even if it's the plymouth text-mode).
No errors were found when checking the disk for deffects...

Now i see "ubuntu@ubuntu:-$" and type "sudo lxdm" to start the session
and it doesn't work... in the other machines i tried this it does...

Oh, i forgot to say i'm using the 64bit version.
Hum, it seems that the graphical card have a problem with modesetting
(good catch Lance :)).
But at least you should be able to start with "sudo start lxdm". Any
errors when running this command ?
Or could you try startx to see if the session start ?